Softball Europe opened the rosters submissions for the 2021 European Championships.
After confirming the Men's and the Women's European Championships, Softball Europe called for team rosters for the 2021 European Softball Championships.
Starting 2021, Softball Europe will use the WBSC management system for its competitions. For this reason, in 2021, National Teams will send their preliminary rosters both on the usual form (download it here) via email to Softball Europe Treasurer Eddy van Straelen at email@example.com and upload the PTR to my.wbsc.org. All the instructions on how to upload your roster on the new management system can be found in the Licences Manual on the Softball Europe website.
Photo courtesy of Dirk Steffen
Softball Europe Board decided that no changes will be applied to SE Competitions Regulations as for the number of players:
- The final team roster (FTR) consists of
- Fastpitch: maximum 17 players and maximum 8 team delegates;
- Slowpitch: maximum 18 players and maximum 7 team delegates;
- The FTR presented at the Technical Meeting is final and no changes will be accepted during the tournament.
- The minimum number of players available for the game is mentioned in WBSC Rule Book, which is 9 for fastpitch and 10 for slowpitch. These are also the minimum numbers of players, which each team has to have to be able to play Softball Europe competitions.
- SE surely will not apply any penalty to National Federations if they have to withdraw from games because of a lack of players due to COVID-19 circumstances.
- The deadline to enter the rosters is 21 days prior to the start of each event (find the dates here).
/ Elda Ghilardi
Cover photo by Dirk Steffen